Part eight in my series of highlighting free talks from Game Developers Conference 2015!
What is the GDC Vault?
The GDC Vault is a collection of (most of the) talks at various GDC events. Talks from last March’s GDC 2015 are online and you can watch them when ever you want! If you have an all access, speaker or media badge you get access to the complete vault. Otherwise, there is an extra charge. However, each year they release certain talks for free. I wanted to highlight some of my favorite talks from this year that are available for everybody to watch for free.
The Universe: How To Break The Game
What if we looked at the universal the same way we look at games?
Dain Saint from Cipher Prime gave a really beautiful “Cosmos-inspired” talk doing just that.
This talk is worth watching for his slides alone. Extremely good art and transitions.
Check it out for yourself here: http://gdcvault.com/play/1022326/The-Universe-How-To-Break
What other talks would you recommend?
For GDC 2015 I’ve recommended the following talks:
- “game < design” by Stone Librande
- “Keep Grooving: Life Musings & Live Musics” by Teddy Diefenbach and Rich Vreelandwhich
- The GDC Microtalks
- “We Suck at Inclusivity” by Rami Ismail.
- “Overcoming Analysis Paralysis: Experimenting with Bears vs. Art” by Luke Musecat
- The GDC Experimental Gameplay Workshop
- Less is More: Designing Awesome AI By Kimberly Voll
All of these talks are available for free. My own talk however, “Best Practices for Small Studios“, is sadly not. You’ll need access to the full GDC Vault to watch it.
Have any favorite talks from the GDC Vault? I’d love to hear about them!